APUGSM Conference: Tourism Business and Advancements in Graduate Business Research
The 6th APUGSM Conference changes location for the first time to scenic Boracay, Philippines with its special theme Tourism Business and its on-going research theme Advancements in Graduate Business Research.
Headquartered at the Graduate School of Business, Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, in Beppu, Oita, Japan, the move to a destination venue aims to enhance research network building amongst young faculty and research scholars. Over the past conferences, APUGSM has forged collaborative research among its participants.
This upcoming conference, young research scholars, faculty, and PhD students would present their developed new knowledge on the following themes:
- Accounting and Finance - Determinants of financial performance, financial reporting standards and dual reporting
- CSR & Sustainability - Corporate environmental and social initiatives, environmental reporting, green supply chain management.
- Development Economics - Research on emerging economies, managerial economics, comparative studies and international trade.
- Family Business Cases – Issues confronting family business, emerging framework on family businesses in Asia.
- Marketing & Innovation - Product and service attributes, marketing metrics, customer satisfaction, service management, customer relationship management, social media marketing.
- Management & Organizations - Leadership, governance social enterprises & social entrepreneurship.
- Innovation & Technology - Operations research, management sciences & models of efficiency
- Tourism Business – Sustainable tourism, ecotourism, heritage tourism, medical tourism.
APUGSM has a double-blind peer review process in abstracts selection. Submissions are screened based on originality and relevance of research to the thematic panels. The review committee shall evaluate submissions acceptable for oral or poster presentations. It has an acceptance rate of 40 percent of total abstracts submitted. The Secretariat wished to limit the number of presentations to preserve the quality of discussions amongst reviewers and participants.
Oral presentations are given 20 minutes on the conference days. Poster presentations (size A1 paper) will be displayed for both conference days. Conference proceedings are published on an ISSN listed publication with the National Diet Library of Japan.
Full papers are shared during the conference in the CD proceedings. Outstanding papers shall be invited for submission to Asia Pacific Business & Economics Perspectives, the journal of the APUGSM Conferences. Likewise, Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University invites paper submission to the Asia- Pacific World of Berghan Journals, and Ritsumeikan Center for Asia Pacific Studies Journal.
The venue for the 2015 Conference is Boracay Regency Resort & Spa, Boracay, Philippines. With growing participation from the Asia Pacific region, the Secretariat has chosen Boracay as the conference destination due to its proximity and accessibility to direct flights.
|>> More articles on ALT-CFT Events|